Brunty Farms takes great pride in the turkeys we raise. We make sure that each turkey has the perfect environment and gets to express their natural behaviors. Our turkeys receive adequate pasture to forage for clover, grasses, weeds, seeds, and insects. During peak season they consume about 30% of their diet from what they find out on pastures. The remainder of their diet is non-GMO whole grains from local farmers. Brunty Farms believes in humanely raised birds and we do not practice and beak trimming, snood trimming, or toe trimming.
THIS IS TO RESERVE YOUR TURKEY & PLACE YOUR DEPOSIT. Your balance will be due upon pickup or delivery.
Whole Turkey w/ Giblets: $4.99/lb.*
Cut Up Options:
Spatchcocked: Backbone removed, breast bone split, +$10.00
8 Piece Cut: Whole turkey cut into 1 Whole Breast, 2 Drumsticks, 2 Thighs, 2 Whole Wings, 1 Back/Neck, +$10.00
Halved: Whole turkey cut into two halves, +$6.00
- All holiday turkeys are processed fresh just before the big day, they are NOT previously frozen.
- Any order for a fresh Thanksgiving turkey will not be ready for pick up or delivery until November 24-November 27. Please choose the appropriate pick up option at check out.
- We cannot guarantee any specific weight. Please do not ask. We do our very best to accomodate the weight range requested.
Whole Thanksgiving Turkey Deposit
*The prices listed for our products are very close approximations to the actual total. Because our meats are processed fresh from the farm, the size of our cuts may change daily. Please understand that your total amount will be calculated after we prepare your order and that there will be a balance due upon pick up.
- Let your bird come to room temperature before cooking.
- Don't over season. Our favorite preparation is an herbed butter rubbed inside and outside of the skin with salt & pepper.
- Toss in some chopped onions, carrots, and celery to the cavity, it will add great flavor.
- Cook the stuffing separately. Everyone's recipe is different, which means cooking times vary dramatically. It could alter the cooking time on the turkey.
- Invest in a meat thermometer! It's the only sure way to have a perfect turkey.
- Pasture Raised turkey's will cook MUCH faster than a conventional bird! They are not injected or soaked with any additivies. A good guesstimate is 12 minutes/lb.
- Add liquid to your roasting pan and baste often. Use 2 cups of chicken, turkey, or vegetable broth.
- Start your turkey hot, then turn down the heat. Place your turkey in a pre-heated oven to 450F for the first 12 minutes, then turn down the heat to 325F. We recommend roasting breast side up.
- Begin to check the temperate of your turkey about half way through your guesstimated cooking time. This will gauge how quickly it's cooking.
- Remove your turkey when your meat thermometer reads 155-160 in the thickest part of the thigh [or breast if you're only cooking a breast]. Make sure not to touch the bone or you will get a false reading.
- Let your bird rest for atleast 20 minutes before carving.